1. Try making your own little books, like Sam the Library Mouse does. Here are instructions and an example you can print out at home!
- a. a nice teacher presents her own instructions
- b. my version of instructions
- c. "The Little Mouse Book" by Sam
- 2. Tips for writing and illustrating
- a. characters
- b. stories start with characters
- c. similarities and differences
- d. thinking and writing about stories and characters
- e. lessons in character education
- f. designing pages
- 3. Bookmarks
- a. set of three, "Keep Reading", "A
Friend's Tale", and "Keep Writing"
- b. new "keep reading" bookmark
- 4. Coloring pages
- a. mouse building
- b. hooray
- c. Sam and Sarah draw
- d. Sam and Sarah on a book
- e. Sam and Sarah standing
- f. Sam and Tom
- 5. Posters to print 8.5 x 11
- a. Sam says, "Be Kind!"
- b. Sarah says, "Explore Your World!"
- c. Library Mice Read for Fun
- 6. One Hundred Library Mice
- See some of the many ways children have found to draw Sam and Sarah!
- 7. Drawing with Daniel Kirk
- Find lots of tips on drawing some of my characters, as well as making your
own sketches more imaginative.
- 8. Snow Dude
Take a look at some of the funny guys I made up when I was working on my book.
- a. naughty snow dudes
- b. sporty snow dudes
- c. cute snow dudes
- 9. Rex Tabby Characters
Here are some of my sketches, including a gang of bad guys who
never made it into the book!
- a. The Good Guys
- b. The Bad Guys
- c. The Bad Guys who didn't make the cut
- 10. Rex Tabby Bookmarks
Cut 'em out and mark your place!
- 11. Rex Tabby Whiskerville Map
See all the places a cat could get into trouble!
- 12. My Truck is Stuck characters
Check out some of the funny truck drivers I considered using in my book.
- a. Scott and Pinky
- b. Eek and Squeak
- c. T-Bone and Chuck
- 13. We Love to Read poster
Here is a small poster for you to color!
- 14. Hush, Little Alien characters
Look at some of the goofy little aliens I drew, when working up sketches for my book.
- a. weird guys
- b. cute, weird guys
- 15. Skateboard Monsters characters
Practice making up your own monsters, with a little help from me.
- a. add bodies to my monster heads
- b. add heads to my monster bodies
- 16. Breakfast at the Liberty Diner place mat
- Here is a place mat to put under your breakfast plate, so you can pretend you are eating in a real old-fashioned diner!
- 17. The Kids in My Class poems
Take a peek at some poems and drawings about daily life in an elementary school classroom.
- a. Best Friends
- b. Dance
- c. Teacher's Pet
- d. Dirty